How to Start Advertising on Google 2019
What is Included in this Download?
Want to learn how to advertise your website on Google but don’t know where to start? This step-by-step guide will walk you through how to set up and launch Google Advertising campaigns from scratch.
Learn how to:
- Create Google Search Ads Campaigns, Ad Groups, and Ad Creatives
- Set up Google Ads remarketing tag and remarketing audiences
- Create a Google Ads Display remarketing campaign
1. Create Google Search Ads Campaigns, Ad Groups, and Ad Creatives
What are Google search ads? Google search ads are the paid search results located above and below the organic or natural (non-paid) search results. The search results are demarcated with the “ads” logo on the left hand side.
You will learn how to create a campaign, an ad group, and an ad creative. Prior to this, it is recommended you have a live website up and running and also a Google account (i.e. Gmail).
2. Set up Google Ads remarketing tag and remarketing audiences
What is remarketing? In Google Ads, remarketing is the process of targeting your existing audiences with marketing messages in effort to move them further down the marketing funnel. An example of a remarketing campaign would be to display ads to past visitors of your website or mobile app while they are surfing the web or doing a search on Google.
To run a remarketing campaign, you will need to:
- Install a Google Ads remarketing tag on your website
- Set up conditionals to build your remarketing audience lists
In this guide, you will learn how to execute the above two steps.
3. Create a Google Ads Display Remarketing Campaign
Once you have the necessary elements in place (remarketing tag and remarketing audience), you will learn how to set up a Display Remarketing campaign and run ads across the Google Display Network (GDN).
The Google Display Network includes websites you browse, YouTube videos, Gmail promotions inbox, and mobile apps. The Google Display Network can help you reach over 90% of internet users worldwide.
In this guide, you will learn how to retarget your past website visitors by showing them ads on the Google Display Network.