Job Description, Salary, Roles & Responsibilities
Content Creator Job Description
Content Creators produce entertaining or educational material and are responsible for the contribution of information to any media. They create both digital media and offline content that caters to the interests of a target audience.
In today’s context, many corporations employ or outsource content creators to engage new and existing customers on the brand’s behalf.
A Content Creator’s various tasks include writing articles for a company’s web pages, e-books, videos, and social media posts. He/she should also be adept at promoting content on social media. To be a successful Content Creator, one should be familiar with digital publishing and generating traffic and leads for new businesses.
Being a Content Creator, one would need to have the ability to blend his/her employer’s/client’s content guidelines with creativity. Having a unique voice and personality is an important and distinguishable asset.
As a Content Creator, one needs to have a sense of curiosity to identify problems worth solving. The insights that come from this inherent curiosity makes great content.
If you’re looking to embark on a digital marketing career and want to find out what it entails and how you can get started, you’ll get a clearer picture reading this article.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research on industry-related topics
- Create various content types (videos, articles, infographics) with relevant tone and style, adhering to the respective style guides
- Utilize various digital publishing platforms to create structured drafts
- Target content to specific audiences and focus on trending topics
- Incorporate blog and social media posts in both websites and social media platforms like Facebook or LinkedIn
- Conduct keyword research and employ SEO best practices to optimize content
- Analyse web traffic to measure the success of the content (e.g. conversion and bounce rates)
Varies from $0.02 – $2.00 per word for written content and $10/hour – $200/hour for various types of content ranging from videos to white papers and graphic designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, or a related field
- Experience uploading content to various content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Shopify, Wix, XSitePro etc.
View the full list of Digital Marketing Skills here.
- Article Writing
- Business Writing
- Content Curation
- Content Development
- Content Marketing
- Content Management
- Content Management Systems
- Content Strategy
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Copy Editing
- Creative Writing
- Digital Advertising
- Digital Marketing Analytics
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Display Advertising
- Email Marketing Software
- Email Strategy
- Facebook Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Project Management
- Proposal Writing
- Report Writing
- Search Engine Optimization Copywriting
- Social Media Content Creation
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Technical Writing
- Visual Communication
- Visual Design
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication (Verbal)
- Communication (Written)
- Creative Thinking
- Decision Making
- Design Thinking
- Digital Literacy
- Interpersonal Skills
- Lifelong Learning
- Logical Thinking
- Managing Diversity
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Resource Management
- Team Coordination
- Time Management
- Transdisciplinary Thinking
- Virtual Collaboration
- Visual Thinking
- WPLN Level 6 English
Other Digital Marketing Job Roles
Digital Marketing Career Portal Menu
Download the Complete Digital Marketing Career Handbook (PDF Version)