Advanced Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Certification Course
Learn Advanced, Practitioner-level SEO Strategies as Executed by Industry Experts
Reserve your seat today
Thank You For Downloading The Course Brochure
You may download the course brochure here:
Speak To Our Course Consultants
Should you have any questions about the course, our course consultants will be more than happy to assist you.
Be assured of the highest quality of training in the classroom.
Participants will be required to either demonstrate fundamental knowledge on how search engines work through this diagnostic quiz, or have completed the WSQ Search Engine Optimization course before signing up for this advanced course.
Each phase of the 4-step SEO process (Keyword Research, On-Page SEO, Off-Page SEO, SEO Analytics) covered in the fundamental WSQ Search Engine Optimization Course will be reinforced and covered in more detail in this advanced course.
Set in a real world setting with live case studies shared by participants, successful and unsuccessful case studies shared by a subject matter expert, and in-class sessions of practical implementation of SEO strategies, participants will take away practitioner-level SEO skills and confidence by the end of the course.
This advanced SEO course is targeted to Client-side and Agency-side Marketers, Web Developers, and Small Business Owners who wish to understand the exact mechanics behind how search engines rank websites, manage an SEO project in-house or externally with better precision, and gain practitioner-level SEO knowledge and skills to successfully implement advanced SEO strategies to their existing marketing campaigns.
- The exact mechanics behind how search engines function and important ranking factors.
- How to manage an SEO project in-house or externally and better communicate with key stakeholders within an organization
- How to strategise and develop comprehensive SEO plans and lead the execution team to achieve higher SEO rankings.
- How to diagnose and fix technical SEO issues that could potentially hinder organic search rankings.
- Advanced off-page SEO techniques from link building to online reputation management.
- How to conduct a complete SEO audit on a live website.
- Be able to conduct advanced keyword research and build a comprehensive keyword and content plan for a long term SEO strategy.
- Be able to perform advanced competitor analysis and derive benchmark key performance indicators to dominate the competition.
- Be able to conduct a complete SEO audit on a live website and provide recommendations for organic search ranking improvements
- Be able to implement advanced on-page and off-page SEO techniques to achieve specific business objectives.
- Be able to manage SEO projects in-house or through an external marketing agency and better communicate with key stakeholders.
Download the full course brochure here.
Advanced Keyword Research and SEO Content Strategy
- Breakdown and review of keyword research tools
- Building an advanced keyword research and content plan
- Competitor keyword research and analysis
- Comprehensive mapping of content formats to search queries
- How to integrate your content strategy with an SEO strategy
- Prioritising budget and resources for high ROI content with high ranking potential
Advanced On-Page SEO
- Understanding complex search engine algorithms
- Interpreting Google Search Quality Rater Guidelines in-depth
- Structuring content and information architecture for SEO
- How to rank for short tail (generic) and long tail (specific) keywords
- How to deal with conflicting perspectives (UX Vs. SEO)
- Implementing structured data markup with Schema.org and rich snippet testing tool
- Conducting advanced technical SEO audit and resolving technical issues
- Dealing with duplicate content
- Reviewing existing content and recommending progressive or radical improvements to boost rankings
- Conducting internal and external linking audit
Advanced Off-Page SEO
- Conducting a comprehensive off-page SEO audit
- Generating off-page SEO reports for management review
- Online reputation management
- How to research and create ultra-linkable assets
- Advanced link building strategies
Advanced SEO Strategies and Analytics
- Assessing whether SEO is a viable digital channel for your organisation
- Managing external SEO agencies and in-house SEO function
- Conducting a comprehensive SEO audit
- Analyzing keyword ranking reports and proposing SEO initiatives to boost overall rankings
- Advanced competitor SEO analysis and benchmarking
- Calculating ROI of your SEO campaigns
- Tracking and analyzing essential SEO metrics and recommending improvements
- Optimizing for other search engines (Bing, Baidu, Naver, YouTube, App Store, etc.).
- Latest Search Engine Optimization trends
- International SEO
- How to fix a search engine penalty
- Individual Work
- Case Study with Activity Sheet (Written Assessment)
A Certification of Completion will be issued upon achieving at least 75% attendance for the course.
Dylan is the Founder and Director of Training of Equinet Academy. Throughout his career as a Search Marketing Specialist, he audited over a thousand SEO/SEM campaigns, conducted SEO classes for over 3000+ trainees, and provided consultancy to dozens of Small Medium Enterprises, Global Brands, Academic Institutions, and Government Organisations across the Infocomms, Travel, Hotel, Retail, eCommerce and B2B & B2C industries. Some of his clients include DHL, Fuji Xerox Asia Pacific, Microsoft, Emmerson, Singhealth, and Singtel.
Kevin started in digital marketing, specialising in Search Engine Optimisation after leaving a career in banking and finance. He now has almost 10 years of experience gathering thousands of auditing hours on 300+ websites in all industries such as F&B, finance, insurance, e-commerce, medical and b2b services, serving clients such as MSIG Insurance, Bizcover Insurance, TWG Tea, Aura Group, Merger Markets (Acuris) and dozens of local SME’s, across Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, the United States and Singapore.
*Only one trainer will be facilitating per class.
“I have a high level knowledge of the topic, but have never fully learnt to an advanced level. Now, thanks to the help of Equinet and Kevin Dam, I am very confident in my abilities to run a successful SEO strategy.”
Will Facer, Tremco CPG
“The Advanced SEO Course is hands-on and useful. As a business owner, this provides a good overview of what I need to do within a short period of time. I’m more confident that I can execute the content and SEO strategy optimally for my company after this course.”
Yeo Chuen Chuen
“Kevin is an awesome trainer who takes the time to explain things clearly. Highly recommend my peers to take up the course.”
Maurice Mok, DHL
Why Learn at Equinet?
Get expert advice, learning resources, and post-training support for up to 3 years.
1 free refresher seat (re-sit the course online) within 3 years after the course.
Ask Me Anything Sessions
Unlimited complimentary 2-hour Ask Me Anything sessions with industry experts for up to 3 years.
Equinet Academy Insider
Be part of an exclusive support group where you can post questions, discuss, and get feedback from fellow learners and experts.
Fast track your career in digital marketing through our job placement assistance program.
Get 3-year access to constantly updated Advanced Search Engine Optimisation course resources.
In-Person Course Dates
Online Classroom Course Dates
S$888 S$802.50 (inclusive of GST)
Questions? Check out the frequently asked questions below.
Do I have to prepare anything before attending the course?
For in-person training, do bring along a laptop. You also have the option to loan a laptop from us for the duration of the course. You may also want to bring along a jacket in case the room gets cold.
For online classes, do ensure you have a functional laptop and have Zoom installed prior to class. For more details, you may read the Online-based Classroom Learner Guide.
Are there any other prerequisites/ criteria I need to meet in order to attend this course?
You are required to have basic computer navigational skills such as opening and closing, dragging and dropping, copying and pasting of files.
Participants with no prior experience in SEO are required to complete the WSQ Search Engine Optimisation Course.
What is the difference between the WSQ SEO course and this advanced course?
The basic SEO course covers the fundamental concepts of search engine optimisation and how to rank a website on the first page of Google. The advanced SEO course goes into more detail covering more advanced concepts of search engine optimisation such as managing day-to-day SEO operations. You may go through and review both course outlines in detail and contact us should you have any specific questions on this.
Do you offer career assistance for job seekers looking to get into digital marketing?
Yes. We offer career assistance and job placements through our digital marketing hiring and career assistance programs. Visit our career portal for more information.
If I have any questions after the course, can I consult the trainer?
Yes, you may contact your trainer after the course. There are other post-training support channels such as the Equinet Academy Insider Community where you may network with like-minded individuals and industry experts and live Ask Me Anything sessions where you may seek advice from a subject matter expert.
What is the difference between online classroom and in-person classroom learning modes?
Typically, in a traditional classroom, classes are conducted with 1 trainer to 20 – 24 learners in a cluster or classroom seating format. Group discussions, group presentations, lectures, peer-to-peer coaching are all conducted face-to-face (in-person).
In an online-based classroom, lessons will be delivered via a video conferencing software, Zoom. Lectures will be conducted via screensharing, while group discussions and group brainstorming will be conducted via “breakout” rooms (individual virtual rooms) to split up discussions into smaller groups. Both learning modes essentially offer the same course content and learning outcomes.
Read the Online-based Classroom Learner Guide for a more detailed comparison on both formats.
Can't I learn everything over the internet?
Our courses offer a very hands on approach so that you will be able to apply what you learn immediately. Moreover, our trainers are industry practitioners who will be able to answer your questions and offer expert advice in real time.
We also offer post-training support which includes 2-hour Ask Me Anything sessions with an industry expert for up to 3 years, an online refresher seat within 3 years post-training, access to an insider community, and 3-year access to up-to-date courseware via the learning management system.
Are these short courses sufficient to achieve desirable learning outcomes?
Equinet Academy’s courses are meticulously designed to provide bite-sized yet comprehensive information that are highly relevant to the industry’s needs. Through a combination of individual project work, peer-to-peer interaction, and practice and feedback, trainees can immediately apply the concepts learnt in class to their real world projects.
If you feel that you have not met the learning objectives at the end of the course, you are always welcomed to re-sit the course online without any additional cost. You will also have full access to the courseware online which you may review during and after the course, and post-training support to address any challenges you may face along your learning journey through consultation with subject matter experts.
I'm still unsure whether this course can help me meet my objectives.
If you are unsure about your learning objectives, you may use the Course Selector Tool to get course recommendations tailored to your needs. If you are still unsure whether this course is suitable for you, please leave your contact details here. A course consultant will get in touch with you to recommend appropriate course(s) based on your learning objectives.
inclusive of GST
Advanced Search Engine Optimisation
Learn Advanced, Practitioner-level SEO Strategies as Executed by Industry Experts
Reserve your seat today