Branding & Brand Strategy Course
Build a Distinctive Brand that Impacts and Inspires
Reserve your seat today
Thank You For Downloading The Course Brochure
You may download the course brochure here:
Speak To Our Course Consultants
Should you have any questions about the course, our course consultants will be more than happy to assist you.
Be assured of the highest quality of training in the classroom.
Branding and brand strategy is crucial for any business or organisation to be successful. There is a distinct difference between just running a business and having a cohesive brand.
While a business focuses on generating revenue, a brand encompasses an organisation’s image and how it is perceived by external stakeholders. Branding is everything now, as consumers demand more from the businesses they frequent.
This 2-day Branding and Brand Strategy Course covers all key elements to develop and implement a successful brand strategy. Through lectures, case studies, and interactive exercises, participants will learn to distil the brand identity, research branding initiatives, engage with stakeholders, and develop branding guidelines and a code of conduct.
The course also covers legal, regulatory, social-cultural, and ethical considerations, as well as PR crisis management. Upon completion, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to lead their stakeholders and create a cohesive, dynamic brand.
Entrepreneurs, Start-Up Founders, Business Owners, Brand Managers, Marketing Practitioners, Corporate Communications/Public Relations Personnel, Employer Branding Professionals, and anyone who wants to be equipped with the essential skills in brand building and stakeholder management.
You are required to have basic computer navigational skills such as opening and closing, dragging and dropping, copying and pasting of files.
In this 16-hour Branding & Brand Strategy course, you will:
- Learn all the elements that go into branding and developing your brand strategy
- Know of the legal, regulatory, social-cultural, and ethical considerations involved in branding
- Know how to identify and engage your internal and external stakeholders
- Know how to analyse and measure your branding effectiveness
- Learn how to manage your brand reputation via public relations and crisis management
- Learn relevant case studies and utilise branding tools and resources
By the end of the class, participants will:
- Distil the essence of your brand identity
- Research, visualise and test branding initiatives
- Lead your stakeholders and work with them to co-create a dynamic brand
- Establish branding guidelines and a code of conduct for internal stakeholders
- Know what to monitor and how to respond to external stakeholder comments
- Identify and implement the correct steps to manage and avert a PR crisis
Download the full course brochure here.
Tip Of The Iceberg
Instructor-Led | Lecture, demonstration, modeling, group activity
- The World’s Top Brands – ranking and analysis
- The Visible Tip Of The Iceberg – brand identity (name, logo, tagline, etc.), and brand experience
- Below The Surface – core values, vision, mission, brand promise, positioning, products/services on offer, internal and external stakeholders, available channels, etc.
- Surfacing The Brand – encapsulating the essence of your brand and presenting them to your stakeholders
- The Corporate Structure – where does branding fit in the organisation and what to look out for when hiring agencies and personnel
By The Book
Instructor-led | Lecture, demonstration, modeling
- Legal & Regulatory Standards for business operations – an overview
- Legal & Regulatory Standards for branding and marketing – intellectual property, consumer privacy, the broadcast act, internet code of practice, social media guidelines, and advertising regulations
- Social-Cultural & Ethical Considerations – consumer demographics, cultural sensitivities, corporate social responsibility, ethical branding, etc.
- Brand Code Of Conduct and Branding Guidelines – for organisational conformity
- Sub-Branding & Product Branding Guidelines – distinguishing them in terms of packaging, advertising and content marketing
Rules Of Engagement
Instructor-led | Lecture, demonstration, modeling, individual project assessment
(multiple choice questions)
- Apply Design Thinking to engage internal and external stakeholders: empathise > define > ideate > prototype > test
- Researching Your Stakeholders – conduct the necessary research on stakeholders to determine their needs and wants
- Research Tools – utilising various tools to conduct the research
- Stakeholder Desired Experience – visualise initiatives and content that will captivate your stakeholders
- Create initiatives and content for the various internal and external channels
Instructor-led | Lecture, demonstration, modeling, group activity
- Embracing the co-creation of a dynamic brand – case studies
- Feedback & Appraisals – conducting and acting on internal stakeholder feedback
- Tracking & Responding – knowing what to track and how to respond to external stakeholder comments online
- Identifying and engaging brand champions, ambassadors and influencers
- Forming brand communities and encouraging the growth of user generated content
Instructional-led | Lecture, demonstration, modeling, quiz game
- Progress & The Cyclic Design Thinking Process
- Internal Indicators of Branding Effectiveness – staff acquisition, turnover, and engagement
- External Indicators of Branding Effectiveness – sales, web traffic, no. of followers, engagement rate, social sentiment, etc
- Conducting an Internal Brand Audit – steps, case studies, and resources
- Conducting an External Brand Audit – steps, case studies, and resources
- Public Relations – upholding integrity and transparency, the key components of the PR Code of Ethics
- Media Relations – how to develop good relationships with the media
- Press Release & Press Conference – how to draft the former and organise the latter
- Spokesperson & Media Training – conduct training for top management and appoint official spokesperson or PR Agency
- Crisis Management – how to avert a PR Crisis by implementing the 4-Step PR Process
Chris is a senior Marketing & Communications professional with over 28 years’ experience as both an inhouse practitioner and as a consultant servicing clients from a wide range of industries. He possesses the unique combination of strategic, creative, technical and writing skills critical for today’s integrated marketing needs.
A Communications graduate, Chris gained invaluable experience in a wide range of marketing related fields including Branding, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Content Marketing, Search Marketing, Advertising, Copywriting, Graphic Design, Audio-Visual Production, and Events.
Why Learn at Equinet?
Get expert advice, learning resources, and post-training support for up to 3 years.
1 free refresher seat (re-sit the course online) within 3 years after the course.
Ask Me Anything Sessions
Unlimited complimentary 2-hour Ask Me Anything sessions with industry experts for up to 3 years.
Equinet Academy Insider
Be part of an exclusive support group where you can post questions, discuss, and get feedback from fellow learners and experts.
Get 3-year access to constantly updated Branding and Brand Strategy course resources.
Unfamiliar with how online classes are run? Check out the online classroom learner’s guide.
Choose from online classroom and in-person (face-to-face) classroom learning.
In-Person Course Dates
2 Days (9am - 6pm)
13, 14 Jul 2023 (Thu, Fri), 9am - 6pm
(Click on the course dates above to register online)
Online Classroom Course Dates
2 Days (9am - 6pm)
There are currently no course dates available. You may contact us to register your interest for dates when they become available.
S$798 S$540 (inclusive of GST)
Questions? Check out the frequently asked questions below.
Do I have to prepare anything before attending the course?
For in-person training, do bring along a laptop. You also have the option to loan a laptop from us for the duration of the course. You may also want to bring along a jacket in case the room gets cold.
For online classes, do ensure you have a functional laptop and have Zoom installed prior to class. For more details, you may read the Online-based Classroom Learner Guide.
If I have any questions after the course, can I consult the trainer?
Yes, you may contact your trainer after the course. There are other post-training support channels such as the Equinet Academy Insider Community where you may network with like-minded individuals and industry experts and live Ask Me Anything sessions where you may seek advice from a subject matter expert.
What is the difference between online classroom and in-person classroom learning modes?
Typically, in a traditional classroom, classes are conducted with 1 trainer to 20 – 24 learners in a cluster or classroom seating format. Group discussions, group presentations, lectures, peer-to-peer coaching are all conducted face-to-face (in-person).
In an online-based classroom, lessons will be delivered via a video conferencing software, Zoom. Lectures will be conducted via screensharing, while group discussions and group brainstorming will be conducted via “breakout” rooms (individual virtual rooms) to split up discussions into smaller groups. Both learning modes essentially offer the same course content and learning outcomes.
Read the Online-based Classroom Learner Guide for a more detailed comparison on both formats.
Can't I learn everything over the internet?
Our courses offer a very hands on approach so that you will be able to apply what you learn immediately. Moreover, our trainers are industry practitioners who will be able to answer your questions and offer expert advice in real time.
We also offer post-training support which includes 2-hour Ask Me Anything sessions with an industry expert for up to 3 years, an online refresher seat within 3 years post-training, access to an insider community, and 3-year access to up-to-date courseware via the learning management system.
Are these short courses sufficient to achieve desirable learning outcomes?
Equinet Academy’s courses are meticulously designed to provide bite-sized yet comprehensive information that are highly relevant to the industry’s needs. Through a combination of individual project work, peer-to-peer interaction, and practice and feedback, trainees can immediately apply the concepts learnt in class to their real world projects.
If you feel that you have not met the learning objectives at the end of the course, you are always welcomed to re-sit the course online without any additional cost. You will also have full access to the courseware online which you may review during and after the course, and post-training support to address any challenges you may face along your learning journey through consultation with subject matter experts.
I'm still unsure whether this course can help me meet my objectives.
If you are unsure about your learning objectives, you may use the Course Selector Tool to get course recommendations tailored to your needs. If you are still unsure whether this course is suitable for you, please leave your contact details here. A course consultant will get in touch with you to recommend appropriate course(s) based on your learning objectives.
Still have unanswered questions? Check out the FAQs page or submit an enquiry.
inclusive of GST
Branding and Brand Strategy Course
Build a Distinctive Brand that Impacts and Inspires
Reserve your seat today
Certified Digital Marketing Strategist (CDMS) Programme
Complete all 6 Core Modules and Earn the (CDMS) Digital Marketing Certificate
NICF WSQ Copywriting and Content Writing Training Course
Write Copy that Sells. Write Content that Captivates.