NICF WSQ WordPress Website Creation Course
Learn How to Create Impressive WordPress Websites, Without Writing a Single Line of Code.
Check your funding eligibility (up to 70% subsidies) and reserve your seat
Thank You For Downloading The Course Brochure
You may download the course brochure here:
Speak To Our Course Consultants
Should you have any questions about the course, our course consultants will be more than happy to assist you.
In-Person or Online Classroom
Duration: 16 Hours (2 Days)
Be assured of the highest quality of training in the classroom.
Used by some of the most well-known Fortune 500 companies in the world including Sony, GM, UPS, and international news sites including CNN, Forbes, and The New York Times, WordPress has come a long way to become one of the World Wide Web’s most popular and free open-source content management system. As of 2020, WordPress now powers more than one third of the web.
In this fun and interactive hands-on WordPress class, you will learn from an award-winning web designer, how to create, customise, and maintain a modern-looking WordPress professional corporate and eCommerce website from scratch.
An individual demo domain and web hosting account will be provided to you for a practical experience in creating a modern website from scratch.
Video tutorials will be provided for your reference after the course. Should you face any issues customising your website, post-training support is also available.
Not only will you learn the technical aspects of how to manage and customise a website in this hands-on WordPress class, you will also learn modern web design concepts to create distinguished websites that will pique the interest of web visitors and encourage them to take important actions.
Your website is your 24/7 online salesperson. It works for you even when you’re asleep.
Start creating something great today at Equinet Academy.
You are required to have basic computer navigational skills such as opening and closing, dragging and dropping, copying and pasting of files.
In this 2-day WordPress Website Creation Course, you will learn:
- How to create a professional and modern-looking website
- How to design landing pages that engage users and increase conversions
- How to set up an eCommerce online store within WordPress
- How to enhance your website functionality with recommended and popular WordPress plugins
- Basic on-page Search Engine Optimisation to improve a website’s search engine-friendliness
- How to maintain and properly manage a WordPress website including how to backup, secure, and diagnose any potential issues
- And much more
- List basic web design requirements to create a simple WordPress website
- Understand how to install a WordPress theme and use a drag-and-drop page builder
- Understand the differences between child themes versus parent themes and the advantages and disadvantages of free themes and plugins versus premium themes and plugins
- Create pillar pages and organise them into a main navigation menu
- Create a landing page using selected theme and drag-and-drop page builder
- Identify tools to test whether page speed/loading times are optimal, website is mobile-friendly, and whether there are any indicators of plugin conflicts/issues
- Install appropriate WordPress plugins to enhance WordPress website functionality and user experience
- Assess overall WordPress website functionality and determine plan of action to resolve any potential issues
- List required items to be included in a detailed WordPress design documentation
- Produce detailed WordPress design documentation for website managers
Download the full course brochure here.
Essentials of Creating a WordPress Website
- Why you need a website
- Domain name, web hosting, and content management system (How it all connects together)
- Open source vs propriety content management systems – which should you go with and why?
- WordPress.com or WordPress.org? – Similarities, differences, pros and cons
- Recommended domain name registrars
- How to buy a domain name
- How to choose a reliable web hosting provider
- What is a content delivery network (CDN) and why is it important
- How to point/link your domain name to your web host
- Navigating cPanel within your web host
- Setting up work emails (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) in cPanel versus G Suite Gmail
- Understanding file manager within your web hosting cPanel and managing your website files (images, videos, plugins, documents, databases) from the backend server
- 3-step WordPress installation
- Logging into WordPress for the first time
Designing and Building the Core Pillars of Your WordPress Website - Homepage, Pillar Pages, Landing Pages, Blog, Contact Pages (Front-End)
- Modern Web Design Trends
- Free themes versus premium themes
- How to choose a reliable WordPress Theme
- How to install a parent theme
- How to install a child theme
- Introduction to drag-and-drop webpage builders
- How to install a WordPress theme (DIVI theme)
- Customising site-wide settings (General, Writing, Reading, Discussion, Media, Permalinks)
- Adding and managing website users
- Planning website architecture
- Adding site content: How to create webpages, add content with the Visual Editor and Text Editor, create hyperlinks, and more
- How to set up a main navigation menu
- Uploading and retrieving images to and from the media library
- How to edit images within WordPress
- How to create image galleries
- How to set up a blog section and create blogposts
- How to plan and design what to include on your landing page (wireframing)
- How to create landing pages that drive important actions from your users (i.e. generate leads, signups, downloads, pageviews, and sales)
Enhancing Your WordPress Website with Plugins - Security, Backup, Design, Search Engine Optimisation, eCommerce, Web Forms (Back-End)
- Introduction to WordPress plugins
- Recommended plugins every WordPress website should have
- Introduction to creating and running an eCommerce online store on WooCommerce
- Creating product pages
- Setting up eCommerce workflows (from add-to-cart, shipping methods, and checkout to payment methods, order confirmation, and email notifications)
- Exploring WooCommerce extensions (from promo codes to membership systems)
- How to create contact forms and set up notification emails
- How to enhance your website speed and page loading times
- How to test whether your website is mobile-friendly
- How to secure your website from hackers
- Basic search engine optimisation
- How to ensure your website is fully functional and resolve any potential issues such as plugin conflicts
Producing WordPress Design Documentation For Website Managers
- How to produce a WordPress web design documentation for website managers and web development agencies
- Essential details to include in a WordPress web design documentation
A SkillsFuture WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA) – ICT-DES-3005-1.1 Software Design under the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) and Certification of Completion by Equinet Academy will be awarded to candidates who have demonstrated competency in the NICF Website Creation course assessment and achieved at least 75% attendance.
*This course is accredited by SkillsFuture Singapore under the NICF WSQ Skills Framework ICT-DES-3005-1.1 Software Design.
Course Code: TGS-2022014669 / TGS-2022015225
Course Support Period: 18 Jul 2022 – 17 Jul 2024 (In-person) / 19 Aug 2022 – 18 Aug 2024 (E-learning)
Teck Seng is the founder of Lemonade, an award-winning Singaporean creative design agency specialising in web design and development. With more than 15 years of experience, his team has worked on web development projects spanning the South East Asian region.
Jeremiah has a decade of experience in both B2B and Consumer Marketing and another six years of experience as a WordPress Developer / Graphic Designer. He worked in-house as Head of Marketing with several F&B groups before starting UNGRUMP, where he has worked with clients such as Tongue Tip Lanzhou Beef Noodles, Fitness First, Impact Investment Exchange, Workwell.SG and many more clients across Southeast Asia.
“The website design course with Teck Seng was comprehensive and easy to apply. The resources provided will enable one to revisit and apply learnings as well as explore other functionality of WordPress beyond the scope of the course. There are also booster sessions post course that will ensure that queries can be answered. All in all, a fruitful and enjoyable 3 days spent.”
Lena Tan, Health Promotion Board
“I definitely found the 3 days very useful to bring me from a level of zero website creation knowledge to at least a level where I am even able (even though slightly confident) to try it out on my own! That in itself, I think it’s amazing!”
Tan Li-Ching, Shell
“Teck Seng, the trainer, was fantastic. Given that understanding the various layers of backend in WordPress can take some time, he has showed patience and professionalism to each and every one of us. This course has taught me a lot, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn how to build a website from the ground up.”
Lim Kah Hong
Why Learn at Equinet?
Get expert advice, learning resources, and post-training support for up to 3 years.
1 free refresher seat (re-sit the course online) within 3 years after the course.
Ask Me Anything Sessions
Unlimited complimentary 2-hour Ask Me Anything sessions with industry experts for up to 3 years.
Equinet Academy Insider
Be part of an exclusive support group where you can post questions, discuss, and get feedback from fellow learners and experts.
Watch bite-sized lessons online to help you recap on what you have learnt, for up to 3 years.
Unfamiliar with how online classes are run? Check out the online classroom learner’s guide.
Choose from online classroom and in-person (face-to-face) classroom learning.
In-Person Course Dates
2 Days (9am - 6pm)
12, 13 Jan 2023 (Thu, Fri), 9am - 6pm
16, 17 Feb 2023 (Thu, Fri), 9am - 6pm
7, 8 Mar 2023 (Tue, Wed), 9am - 6pm
18, 19 Apr 2023 (Tue, Wed), 9am - 6pm
13, 14 Jun 2023 (Tue, Wed), 9am - 6pm
13, 14 Jul 2023 (Thu, Fri), 9am - 6pm
3, 4 Aug 2023 (Thu, Fri), 9am - 6pm
5, 6 Oct 2023 (Thu, Fri), 9am - 6pm
23, 24 Nov 2023 (Thu, Fri), 9am - 6pm
7, 8 Dec 2023 (Thu, Fri), 9am - 6pm
(Click on the course dates above to register online)
Online Classroom Course Dates
Course Fees & Fundings
S$1069.20 (inclusive of 8% GST)
Course fee after eligible SSG Subsidies:
From S$376.20 (inclusive of 8% GST) after 70% SSG Subsidies
SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) – 70% funding:
Eligible for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
$1069.20 $376.20 (inclusive of 8% GST of $79.20)
(Nett course fee payable after MCES funding) Course fees after subsidies can be further offset by SkillsFuture Credit.
Self-Sponsored Singapore Citizens and Singapore PRs – 50% Funding:
Singapore Citizens and Singapore PRs above 21 years old who do not qualify for MCES funding
$1069.20 $574.20 (inclusive of GST of $79.20)
(Nett course fee payable after SSG funding) Fees can be further offset by SkillsFuture Credit for Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above. Singapore Citizens aged 21 to 31 may also offset fees with the Post Secondary Education Account Funds.
Company Sponsored (SMEs):
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS) – 70% funding:
Eligible for SME Company-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Singapore PRs
$1069.20 $376.20 (inclusive of GST of $79.20)
(Nett course fee payable after ETSS funding) Course fees after subsidies can be further offset by Skillsfuture Enterprise Credit (SFEC)
Company Sponsored (Non-SMEs)
SSG Non-SME Grant – 50% funding:
Eligible for Non-SME Company-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Singapore PRs who do not qualify for MCES funding
$1069.20 $574.20 (inclusive of GST of $79.20)
(Nett course fee payable after SSG funding) Course fees after subsidies can be further offset by Skillsfuture Enterprise Credit (SFEC)
SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) – 70% funding:
Eligible for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
$1069.20 $376.20 (inclusive of GST of $79.20)
(Nett course fee payable after MCES funding) Course fees after subsidies can be further offset by Skillsfuture Enterprise Credit (SFEC)
Do I have to prepare anything before attending the course?
For in-person training, do bring along a laptop. You also have the option to loan a laptop from us for the duration of the course. You may also want to bring along a jacket in case the room gets cold.
For online classes, do ensure you have a functional laptop and have Zoom installed prior to class. For more details, you may read the Online-based Classroom Learner Guide.
As there will be WSQ assessments conducted in this course, you are required to bring along your NRIC or any form of photo identification for ID verification purposes.
A demo WordPress website and blank web server hosting environment will be provided to each trainee in class.
What is WordPress.org and WordPress.com?
WordPress.com is managed hosting on a subscription-based model with WordPress while WordPress.org is self-hosted and open source. You can sign up for a freemium account on WordPress.com and get started creating a website immediately. You may be prompted to go premium depending on what features you prefer to have. Premium features include regular auto backup, one-to-one support, and customisation.
On WordPress.org, you download the entire WordPress core files to your computer and upload it to your own server. From here on, you are entirely responsible for managing and maintaining your website. There are no freemium or premium models by WordPress and you are free to customise your website without any payment to WordPress.
More differences explained in this article – WordPress.org vs WordPress.com – What is the difference
Why use WordPress and not WIX, Shopify, Square Space, Blogspot, Joomla, Drupal or any other content management systems?
WordPress is very user friendly compared to the other content management systems. There are a lot more plugins and themes available for users. It also has the largest market share of users and minimal technical expertise is required to use the platform. WordPress is also the most popular content management system in the world for developing informative websites or ecommerce stores.
Is it easy to build a website on WordPress?
Yes, WordPress.org is rated the most user-friendly platform to build a website on. – Source (wpbeginner)
Do I have to know how to code to build a professional-looking website?
No, you don’t need to know how to code to create a beautiful and modern-looking website. There are many drag-and-drop page builders, themes and templates that allow advanced customisation to make your website look impressive and unique which we will share in this course.
What if I already have an existing WordPress website? Is this course still relevant to me?
If you wish to recreate your website from scratch, this course would be relevant for you.
However, if you wish to customise your existing WordPress website page layouts, then this course may not be relevant for you as it is meant to teach you how to create a website from scratch. Also, if you have already customised your existing theme, then the DIVI theme we teach may be entirely different from yours and you will not be able to follow along. Nonetheless, you can still improve upon your existing knowledge by learning how to:
- Design landing pages that engage users & increase conversions.
- Enhance website functionality.
- Manage basic on-page SEO to improve website’s search engine-friendliness.
- Maintain & effectively manage a WordPress website (e.g. enhancing website security and keeping it up to date).
What are the costs involved in building and maintaining a WordPress website?
Cost estimates in SGD are:
- Domain name: $15/year for a dot com domain
- Web hosting: From $200/year for a reliable web host
- Premium theme: $100 lifetime
Totalling approximately $315 for the first year and $215/year thereafter. Note that there may be other premium plugins you may need to purchase if you wish to enhance the functionality of your website, such as including payment methods on your booking form and other unique features depending on your industry.
What is the difference between this WordPress course and other free courses out there online and offline?
Unlike other free WordPress courses out there in the market who entice you to sign up and later upsell/hard-sell you with their web design services, we are solely specialised in training and are ultimately dedicated to ensuring you get the best quality of training, and this comes with:
- Hands-on practice through demonstration and modelling, by a patient and experienced trainer guiding you every step of the way.
- Helping you to understand the best practices of building a website including how to secure your website from hackers, backing up your website in case of any mishaps, and keeping abreast of modern web design trends.
- The most comprehensive WordPress syllabus. By the end of the course, you will understand the how WordPress works from the bottom up. This will also help you to manage a web development agency even if you decide not to build or maintain a website yourself at the end of the day.
- After-training support with your trainer.
- 3-year access to up-to-date course materials, step-by-step guides, and e-learning videos via the learning portal.
- A complimentary refresher seat for up to 3 years after the last attended date of your course.
Will I be able to create a fully-functional, impressive modern-looking website after taking this course?
- Time, commitment and dedication – Building a professional-looking website requires many hours of commitment sitting down at your computer and paying attention to detail.
- Having a knack for design – Even with the plethora of templates available, you still need to adhere to basic design principles such as a having a good eye for colour combinations, appropriate spacing between elements, and a good choice of font family and font sizing.
- Good project management skills – With so many details to pay attention to when building your website, you need to be able to keep everything organised and in good order.
Here are some examples of websites that our trainees have created. Browse our trainee portfolio here.
Are there any funding or government subsidies for this course?
You may be eligible for up to 70% SkillsFuture subsidies. If you wish to check your funding eligibility, you may complete step 1 of the course registration form to check your nett course fees payable after all available subsidies.
For more information on all available course funding/grants/subsidies, you may check out this FAQ page.
If I have any questions after the course, can I consult the trainer?
Yes, you may contact your trainer after the course. There are other post-training support channels such as the Equinet Academy Insider Community where you may network with like-minded individuals and industry experts and live Ask Me Anything sessions where you may seek advice from a subject matter expert.
What is the difference between online classroom and in-person classroom learning modes?
Typically, in a traditional classroom, classes are conducted with 1 trainer to 20 – 24 learners in a cluster or classroom seating format. Group discussions, group presentations, lectures, peer-to-peer coaching are all conducted face-to-face (in-person).
In an online-based classroom, lessons will be delivered via a video conferencing software, Zoom. Lectures will be conducted via screensharing, while group discussions and group brainstorming will be conducted via “breakout” rooms (individual virtual rooms) to split up discussions into smaller groups. Both learning modes essentially offer the same course content and learning outcomes.
Read the Online-based Classroom Learner Guide for a more detailed comparison on both formats.
Can't I learn everything over the internet?
Our courses offer a very hands on approach so that you will be able to apply what you learn immediately. Moreover, our trainers are industry practitioners who will be able to answer your questions and offer expert advice in real time.
We also offer post-training support which includes 2-hour Ask Me Anything sessions with an industry expert for up to 3 years, an online refresher seat within 3 years post-training, access to an insider community, and 3-year access to up-to-date courseware via the learning management system.
Will there be video recordings of the session made available for reference after class?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide video recordings of the class due to PDPA regulations (Personal Data Protection Act). However, all courseware and e-learning videos are accessible online via the learning management system for 3 years. You may also sign up for a complimentary online refresher course for up to 3 years post-training.
Are these short courses sufficient to achieve desirable learning outcomes?
Equinet Academy’s courses are meticulously designed to provide bite-sized yet comprehensive information that are highly relevant to the industry’s needs. Through a combination of individual project work, peer-to-peer interaction, and practice and feedback, trainees can immediately apply the concepts learnt in class to their real world projects.
If you feel that you have not met the learning objectives at the end of the course, you are always welcomed to re-sit the course online without any additional cost. You will also have full access to the courseware online which you may review during and after the course, and post-training support to address any challenges you may face along your learning journey through consultation with subject matter experts.
I'm still unsure whether this course can help me meet my objectives.
If you are unsure about your learning objectives, you may use the Course Selector Tool to get course recommendations tailored to your needs. If you are still unsure whether this course is suitable for you, please leave your contact details here. A course consultant will get in touch with you to recommend appropriate course(s) based on your learning objectives.
WSQ WordPress Website Creation
Learn How to Create Impressive Websites Without Writing a Single Line of Code.
Up to 70% subsidies; reserve your seat today
NICF WSQ User Interface & User Experience Design (UI/UX) Training Course
Create seamless experiences through people-centric and data-driven UX approaches.
Website Optimisation (Conversion Rate Optimisation) Course
Learn how to optimise your landing pages and multiply your conversion rates.
Up to 70%