In-person Classes to Continue as COVID-19 Measures Tighten
*Updated on 12 August 2021*
As part of the recent updates to the Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) measures announced on 6 August, we would like to inform you that in-person classes after 18 August 2021 will proceed as scheduled. Additional Covid-19 precautionary measures will be introduced to ensure the safety of all participants at our training centre.
Every classroom will now be equipped with 2 air purifiers to provide fresh filtered air to trainees. The main air purifier is rated for coverage of up to 70sqm and has built-in UV sterilisation capabilities.
Regarding meals at the centre, per SSG regulations, training providers are not allowed to serve food, and trainees are discouraged from eating in the classroom where training is conducted. As such, all trainees are advised to eat out.
As MOH regulations only allow unvaccinated individuals to eat out at hawker centres, we will be assigning staff on rotation to lead trainees to the nearest hawker centres. There are 2 hawker centres within a 5-minute walk from Equinet Academy’s training center – Amoy street is 400 metres away and Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market is 300 metres away.
Trainees who bring packed meals from home or whom are unable to eat out may consume their food at our designated meal areas. There will be spare classrooms designated as meal areas but the 1-metre safe distancing requirement must be adhered to at all times. Windows in the designated eating areas will remain open to maximise air circulation.
If you are feeling unwell or experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms, please do not hesitate to contact us to reschedule your course and we will be more than willing to assist.
You may view the course schedules of both in-person and online-based classroom learning here.
Additional Safety Measures for in-person classroom training:
When signing in at the reception, trainees will be required to:
- Scan the SafeEntry QR code / Check-in via SafeEntry Gateway
- Have your temperature taken
Safe Distancing of Classrooms
- Desks will be segregated with a minimum of one metre spacing (measured by table legs).
- Group activities will be conducted via online tools (e.g. google docs) and will be capped at a maximum of 2 pax per group..
- Each classroom will be equipped with 2 air purifiers.
- Classrooms and common use areas (e.g pantry, reception area) will be disinfected daily using NEA recommended disinfectant solutions. Disinfecting of tables will take place daily, and the pantry area will be disinfected at least twice daily.
- Hand sanitisers will be made available at all desks and common areas.
- In line with MOH guidelines, face masks are to be worn at all times except when consuming food or drinks. Please note that face shields cannot be used to replace face masks.
- Trainees may obtain single-use face masks at the front desk if a replacement is required.
- Bottled water will be provided.
- Training providers are prohibited from serving food.
- Trainees are advised to eat out. Per MOH regulations, unvaccinated individuals are only allowed to eat out at hawker centers.
- Trainees bringing packed meals from home or whom are unable to eat out may consume their meals at our designated meal areas. There will be spare classrooms designated for eating areas but the 1-metre safe distancing requirement must be adhered to at all times. Windows in the designated eating areas will remain open to maximise air circulation.
We hope to seek your cooperation during this time and thank you for your continued support.