Email Marketing Course
Learn How to Develop and Implement Effective Email Marketing Strategies
Reserve your seat today
Email marketing has been around for a long time. Despite the growth in social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram, email marketing continues to be an essential part of every marketer’s toolkit. For every $1 spent, email marketing generates $38 in return on investment (ROI).
In this 2-day hands-on email marketing course, participants will uncover powerful email marketing automation and lead nurturing strategies and understand the technical features & capabilities of email marketing automation software.
Participants will also learn how to develop a streamlined customer lifecycle plan and set up lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns hands on, in order to synergise integrated marketing campaigns and boost revenue.
Marketing Executives, Marketing Managers, Content Marketing Strategists, and individuals who wish to:
- Understand how email marketing can be integrated into existing marketing strategies to achieve marketing objectives
- Develop and launch effective email marketing campaigns to boost sales, customer engagement, and nurture customer relationships
- How to set up and launch email marketing campaigns from ground zero
- How to tailor and deliver customised marketing communications based on your customer lifecycle stages to achieve marketing objectives
- How to perform email list and contact database segmentation for better targeting and engagement
- How to measure and optimise your email marketing performance
- Lead generation, lead nurturing, and customer lifecycle marketing strategies
- And much more
- Develop and implement an effective email marketing strategy
- Establish email marketing campaign objectives and performance metrics to measure the effectiveness of email marketing implementation
- Define customer personas and perform segmentation of contact database and email lists for more relevant targeting and personalisation of products and services
- Source, evaluate, and select the most appropriate email marketing platform for the business
- Integrate social media marketing efforts with email marketing campaigns
- Demonstrate an understanding of lifecycle marketing in order to communicate relevant email marketing messages at appropriate intervals
- Drive email marketing campaign development and implementation that leverage both email marketing automation and CRM tools in alignment with marketing strategy
- Identify important email marketing metrics to track and analyse in order to achieve objectives
- Evaluate email marketing performance metrics and recommend improvements to email marketing strategy and action plans based on evaluation outcomes
Download the full course brochure here.
Introduction to Email Marketing, Marketing Automation and Customer Relationship Management
- What is Email Marketing and why is it important?
- What is Marketing Automation and its importance?
- What is Customer Relationship Management?
- The Power of Email Marketing and its role in a digital marketing strategy
- Inbound vs outbound email marketing and why you should focus on inbound methods
Define Email Marketing Customer Personas and Campaign Objectives
- What is lifecycle marketing and why is it important?
- Understanding customer lifecycle marketing in relation to email marketing
- Types of lifecycle emails with examples
- Define email marketing campaign objectives
- Define customer personas for email marketing
Fundamental Principles of Email Marketing Segmentation and Personalisation
- What is an email list?
- Why are contact databases and email lists important?
- Contact database management and segmentation strategy
- 5 Ws of Segmentation (Who, what, when, where, why)
- Segmentation of implicit and explicit data
- Person-related (B2C) vs company-related (B2B) segmentation
- Segmentation targeting based on channel preference – E.g. Direct mail, social media, SMS, mobile, Apps, etc.
- What a good segmentation strategy looks like (real-world examples)
Choosing a Reliable Email Marketing Software Provider
- Email Marketing Vs Marketing Automation Vs CRM software
- Understanding the current CRM, email marketing, and marketing automation platforms
- Navigating the common features of CRM, email marketing, and marketing automation tools
- How to source and choose the right email marketing software based on your business requirements
Email Marketing Lead Generation and Customer Data Application
- Identifying and Acquiring Sales and Marketing Information for Marketing Purposes
- How would you collect the data? (Pop-ups, squeeze/landing pages, CTAs)
- Accelerating signups with lead magnets
- Types and examples of lead magnets
- Thank you pages best practices
- Welcome emails and what’s next?
- Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Guidelines
Email Marketing Campaign Implementation: Lead Scoring, Advanced Segmentation, and Lead Nurturing
- What is lead scoring?
- Understand lead scoring best practices
- Creating a lead scoring model
- Implementing lead scoring into your email marketing
- Leveraging both email marketing and crm
- Creating a sales pipeline
- Driving sales with email nurturing, lead scoring and triggered emails
- Managing and overseeing sales performance
- Overview of all your accounts
- Monitor your customer health and provide customer support at the right time
- What is lead nurturing?
- Developing a lead nurturing strategy
- Email marketing lead nurturing strategies: types of emails for email marketing (e.g. welcome emails, trust building, transactional, promotional. progressive profiling, goodbye emails, etc.)
- Creating your first email campaign on active campaign (hands-on)
- Writing effective email subject lines (headline copywriting best practices)
- Creating email copy (email copywriting best practices)
- Designing an email (layout, images, and styling best practices)
- How to ensure a mobile-first experience
- Test sending your first email (pre-send email checklist)
- Email sending best practices
- Integrating social media with email marketing
Email Marketing Automation
- How to improve email engagement by automating and optimising lifecycle workflows based on user behaviour
- Understand triggers for automation
- Grow sales with sales automation
- Learn how to use marketing automation for account management
- Create a personalized customer experience
Email Marketing Analytics and Optimisation
- Essential email marketing metrics every marketer should track and optimise (Open Rate, Click-Through Rate, Conversion Rate, List Growth / Decline Rate, ROI)
- Integrating email marketing tracking with Google Analytics
- How to measure and improve your email deliverability
- Email marketing analysis and optimisation framework and processes
- Summary and recap
- Individual project work presentation
- Case study with written questions
A Certification of Completion will be issued upon achieving at least 75% attendance for the course.
In-person classroom learning mode: Each participant will be provided a windows laptop for the duration of the course. Participants may however opt to bring their own laptops.
Online-classroom learning mode: Personal computer, stable internet connection of at least 10mbps, webcam, microphone, video conferencing platform, and other logistical requirements outlined in the Online-based Classroom Learner Guide.
Razy Shah is the co-founder of 2Stallions Digital Marketing Agency- an award-winning full-service agency. He co-founded 2Stallions in 2012 and has since grown it from an initial team of two to a company of thirty. Razy has over a decade of experience spanning across corporate sectors such as digital marketing, business development and management.
Be assured of the highest quality of training in the classroom.
On top of having access to your trainer’s contact, you will also enjoy the following post-training benefits:
1 free refresher seat (re-sit the course online) within 1 year after the course.
Unlimited complimentary 3-hour small group clinic sessions with a subject matter expert for up to 3 years.
Alumni Support Group
Be part of a support group where you can post questions, discuss, and get feedback from the community.
Lifetime Course Membership Access
Gain lifetime access to constantly updated course resources via the learning portal.
In-Person Course Dates
Online Classroom Course Dates
Course Fee: S$500 nett
Questions? Check out the frequently asked questions below.
How is this course different from other email marketing courses in market?
This course provides you with bite-sized, yet comprehensive and actionable programmatic advertising strategies and tactics that you can implement right after the course.
At Equinet Academy, we are committed to delivering quality training:
- We provide you with lifetime access to up-to-date course materials (learner’s guide, slides, templates, and other training resources) which you can still access after the training via the learning portal.
- You will not sit through hours and hours of dry and tormenting lecture. Instead, you will experience fun and engaging sessions as we apply instructional design learning methodologies such as group discussions, group project work, case studies, interactive quizzes, and hands-on implementation of the concepts learnt.
- You will be guided by an experienced professional in the field of email marketing, who will be able to provide you with actionable advice and costly mistakes to avoid, thus shortening your learning curve.
- You will be provided with additional support after completing the course.
What is the difference between the online classroom and face-to-face traditional classroom?
Typically, in a traditional classroom, classes are conducted with 1 trainer to 20 – 24 learners in a cluster or classroom seating format. Group discussions, group presentations, lectures, peer-to-peer coaching are all conducted face-to-face (in-person).
In an online-based classroom, lessons will be delivered via a video conferencing software, Zoom. Lectures will be conducted via screen sharing, while group discussions and group brainstorming will be conducted via “breakout” rooms (individual virtual rooms) to split up discussions into smaller groups.
Both learning modes essentially offer the same course content and learning outcomes.
Read the Online-based Classroom Learner Guide for a more detailed comparison on both formats.
Can't I learn everything online?
Is 2 days sufficient to meet the learning objectives?
If you feel that you have not met the learning objectives at the end of the course, you are always welcomed to resit the course online without any cost on your end. You will also have lifetime access to the courseware online which you may review, and post-training clinic sessions to address your challenges with a subject matter expert.
If I have specific questions relating to my email marketing campaigns after the course, can I consult the trainer?
Yes, you may most certainly book unlimited complimentary 3-hour small group clinic sessions with a subject matter expert for up to 3 years to clarify your doubts or address any challenges you may be facing. The links to book your clinic sessions will be emailed to you after your course.
Do I have to prepare anything before attending the course?
For online classes, do ensure you have a functional laptop and have Zoom installed prior to class. For more details, you may read the Online-based Classroom Learner Guide.
You are also required to have basic computer navigational skills such as opening and closing of files, dragging, and dropping of widgets, copying, and pasting of files.
As there will be WSQ assessments conducted in this course, you are required to bring along your NRIC or any form of photo identification for ID verification purposes.
Are there any other prerequisites/ criteria I need to meet in order to attend this course?
If you are no prior experience in digital marketing, attending the WSQ Digital Marketing Strategy and WSQ Content Marketing Strategy courses prior to this course is recommended, although not a requirement.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up for this course through this link. Once you have registered for the course, we will follow up with you via email regarding your course registration.
I'm still unsure whether this course can help me meet my objectives.
If you’re unsure about your learning objectives, you may try out this 3-question survey using the Course Selector Tool or download the Course Selector Guide (PDF). If you are still unsure whether this course is suitable for you, please leave your contact details here. A course consultant will get in touch with you to recommend appropriate course(s) based on your learning objectives.