This 3-hour introductory workshop (face to face) covers a broad overview of programmatic advertising and the steps to getting started on programmatic. The content will be broken down into 3 stages, combined with live case studies:
Introduction to programmatic
- What is programmatic advertising?
- How did it all begin?
- Programmatic Ecosystem
Programmatic Ecosystem and Methodology
- Definition of various ad tech players and their role in the ecosystem
- How programmatic bidding works
- What do you need to kick start a campaign?
- What targeting methods can you use in programmatic?
- When should you use programmatic?
This basic Programmatic course is suitable for Client-side and Agency-side Marketers who want to embark on programmatic but have no knowledge of how this works. Equipped with this new skill, they can make informed decisions for their existing marketing campaigns and improve their strategies.
Basic understanding of Digital Marketing
- The basics of programmatic and the importance of this channel
- Definition and methodology of programmatic
- How programmatic works: Real-Time Bidding (RTB), Demand Side Platform (DSP) and Supply Side Platform (SSP)
- Difference between using programmatic and other channels
- Considerations needed to kick start this campaign
- When to use this channel
- Managing a programmatic campaign in-house or externally
- Better communicate with key stakeholders within an organization
- Strategies to develop comprehensive campaigns
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic terminology of programmatic
- Understand programmatic buying model, RTB, and other auction pricing models
- Differentiate programmatic with ad exchanges and ad network
- Kick-off programmatic campaign conversations
- Understand the key features of a programmatic campaign
- Understand how programmatic campaigns are managed in-house or through an external marketing agency, and better communicate with key stakeholders
Introduction to Programmatic
- What is programmatic
- How it started: The rise of programmatic
- Role of programmatic in marketing
- Programmatic Ecosystem: Relationship between Publisher, Agency, Ad tech Players
Programmatic Ecosystem and Methodologies
- Programmatic buying methodologies
- What is Real-Time Bidding (RTB)?
- Is Real-Time Bidding a form of Programmatic Buying?
- What exactly is the difference between RTB and Programmatic?
- Programmatic Ecosystem and their differences
- What is an Ad Exchange?
- What is the difference between an ad network and an ad exchange?
- Ad exchange vs DSP
- What is a Demand-Side Platform (DSP)?
- How does a DSP work?
- What is the difference between a DSP and an SSP?
- What is a Supply-Side Platform (SSP)?
- What is a Data Management Platform (DMP)?
Strategies for Programmatic campaign
- What are the various Programmatic targeting methods?
- What do you need to start your campaign?
- The cost estimates of programmatic advertising
- Brand safety and suitability
- Demonstration on how to set up a campaign on DSP
Ms. Kai Xin
Kai Xin is a Senior Client Solutions Manager at LinkedIn, the largest B2B professional networking platform. She leads the digital advertising arm for new business initiatives across the ASEAN region and has expertise in translating and converting advertising media into business opportunities.
Kai Xin has been in the industry for more than a decade and has garnered a wealth of experience in the digital marketing space. She specializes in Programmatic Advertising and B2B Digital Advertising with a proven track record in nurturing digital strategies for both long-term growth and immediate business goals. As a programmatic advertising evangelist, Kai Xin spent her career in various traditional and digital media businesses. She has spearheaded initiatives such as the training and setting up of programmatic trading teams, and digital media transformations of traditional businesses. Kai Xin has also led dozens of engagements with stakeholders in strategizing the launch of new product lines and developing go-to-market strategies resulting in new streams of revenue and new product offerings.
Kai Xin is passionate about advertising technology. With the marketing industry undergoing a huge transformation, her key focus is to develop and deliver a comprehensive strategy designed to educate marketers and businesses that are intending to leverage digital advertising as a tool to drive business success. In addition, with her in-depth knowledge of key issues plaguing the industry, as well as her ability to help businesses traverse the ever-shifting sands of a converged media landscape, her experience provides an invaluable guide for a successful journey in the digital advertising world.