The Search Manager is responsible for leading the success of clients’ online marketing programs by providing thought leadership on campaign strategies and optimization, and building strong relationships and establishing clear lines of communication with clients, partners, and internal
• Assumes accountability and ownership of regional search management and execution to deliver program successes for a key client.
• Monitors and reports program financials, budgets, and fees to senior management
• Interfaces with other department leads to share ideas, communicate service offerings, and to identify and deliver new solutions for clients
• Keeps management apprised of key client opportunities, potential risks and other key nuances which affect the health of the business
• Directs and manages the daily work flow of all client programs, including initiation and management of projects
• Manages client deliverables and share sound recommendations and work products
• Creates and executes search account strategies and plans for the client
• Effectively manages keyword strategies
• Provides excellent communication via phone, emails and direct contact
• Understands multi-channel optimization best practices and articulates knowledge and client deliverables effectively
• Effectively creates and delivers client presentations
• Provides thought leadership to clients
• Commands data analysis of key metrics to identify, recommend and implement changes for increasing the performance of client programs
• Manages budgeting, forecasting, billing and invoicing
• Meets specified deadlines
Team Leadership & Development
• Embraces and encourages a culture based on team work, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity
• Adopts stated account management standards and program management best practices
• Assists in training, mentoring, and developing team members
• Assists in the development and documentation of best practices for improving operational efficiencies within the team and the group
• Bachelor’s degree
• 6+ years of Search experience and 4+ years of client/ account management
• Experience in applying paid search optimization to brand-building & direct response initiatives. B2B client experience is a plus.
• Deep experience with bid management tool DoubleClick for Search
• Must have experience in SA360
• Preferably have experience in performance search marketing – revenue/ROI/ROAS KPI campaigns a plus
• Basic media planning experience a plus
• Strong command of search engine research and reporting resources
• Technical- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work successfully with the team on multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Desire to work in an industry which is constantly evolving and presenting new and unique challenges
Digitas follows a rigorous performance management process based on four competency areas (Clients & Commercials, People, Delivery & Innovation, Craft Skills). Employees and managers have regular appraisal milestones, based on a tiered scorecard and SMART objectives agreed at the start of the year. Assessment happens through a continuous feedback process. Three-month objectives will be agreed for all new joiners to the company.
A little bit about us:
We are The Connected Marketing Agency. A strategic partner that guides brands to make meaningful connections with extraordinary outcomes. Our purpose is to deliver Truth, Connection and Wonder. Truth. Being data-driven, informed by real human behaviour. We create authentic experiences inspired by insights. We believe in transparency in our business practises. Connection. We connect the ecosystem between brands and consumers through all marketing touchpoints…digital, physical, emerging. We connect with partners, sister agencies and clients for unconventional solutions. Wonder. By approaching challenges with excitement, imagination and a sense of what’s possible. Our ideas excite, open eyes, provoke, move people in transformational ways.
We are designed, through approach, workplace, and model to bring together experts in brands, data, technology, media, content, creative and CRM across the world. Our 6,000 diverse talents include technology, data and media experts as well as creative, customer and commercial specialists. Our unicorns are dedicated to helping our clients navigate their own marketing transformation delivering work that resonates with audiences around the world.
The way we do this is by connecting datasets that reveal people’s choices, preferences and attitudes through millions of signals in what they do each day. We pride ourselves on having one of the most innovative strategy teams in the business. Our goal to design the right end-to-end customer journey – people are at the centre of everything we do and data is the fuel. Our clients regularly sing our praises, and who can blame them: from several of the world’s largest banks to household names in travel, shopping, food, and leisure, our work is broad and innovative. But we are interested in more than just best-in-class insights; we strive to offer every employee cutting-edge career development with a generous helping of fun